Search This Blog

Saturday, January 07, 2006

Stay Open to the Possibilities

I had planned a trip to St. Louis for today with some friends to have our photographs taken professionally. At first I was dismayed when one, then the other friend, backed out at the last minute. There was another personal reason I wanted to go to St. Louis too, but that also fell through strangely at the last minute. I was bummed.

So today, when I would have been in St. Louis, my phone rang. It was someone wanting to buy the used washer and dryer I'd had for sale for the past 3 months. They came over a few hours later, cash in hand, paid me in full. We both ended up getting what we wanted. If I'd gone to St. Louis, I wouldn't have sold my washer and dryer.

So I've decided that when something disappointing happens, to watch for the opportunity that always comes out of it.

No comments: