I tend to be very frugal with my spending. No matter how much money I make, I still seem to think that it's all going to disappear tomorrow. I've read about and tried a variety of practices to help create an abundant mindset. I've actually made more money as a result of it, but it didn't take my fears away.
Until now. I'm learning EFT, which stand for Emotional Freedom Technique, which has been widely promoted by Gary Craig at www.emofree.com. Watching one of the training DVD's the other night, I decided that I was going to use that technique to achieve a sense of fearlessness related to money.
I was so impressed by the presenter, Steve Wells from Australia, that I looked up his website. He only comes to the United States 3 times a year to do training. His next trainings were at the end of January and the beginning of February, then he was off to Europe for the rest of the year.
Remembering the decision to be fearless around issues of money and spending, I signed up for his workshop in Albuquerque next month. To make sure that there were still openings at this late date, I called Kerry Sims, the organizer. He assured me there were and took down my information so he could email me an invoice.
Now here's the synchronistic part. Just as I was about to click the PayPal payment button my phone rang. It was Kerry. "Don't pay for the conference yet," he insisted. "You build websites don't you? Well, I need to get a new website."
We spoke for about 20 minutes and agreed to meet for dinner one night during the conference and discuss his website needs. It also occurred to me that there might be many people attending this workshop who might be interested in my web design services.
So, I'm looking forward to a great conference and the possibility of networking there, such that I earn enough to more than pay for my trip!
No comments:
Post a Comment