Search This Blog

Sunday, February 12, 2006

Is it a sign?

Okay, this is way outside the realm of possibilities, but then maybe my mind sees patterns and messages where others would not. Again, I guess this is synchronicity.

I recently flew to Albuquerque, NM for a conference. I checked into a cheaper hotel about 4 blocks away. One morning at the complementary breakfast, I saw about 5 men wearing blue flight suits. What was so compelling about that is I'd dated a man who flew helicopter for an EMS service in Indiana just last year and that was the uniform he wore.

I struck up a conversation with one of the men, asking if they were pilots. Turns out they were the medical crew, but they worked for the same organization as my friend had!

What are the chances that I'd fly 1500 miles to run into someone who worked for the same company as my friend back in Indiana, whom I hadn't spoken to since we broke up in November? What's more, I'd just had a dream about my friend a week earlier.

So, I took this all to be a sign, and screwed up my courage to send my friend a text message. I was shaking in my boots because our last words to each other were angry. I send a short note wishing him well and in about an hour he sent a text message back, wishing me the same and saying he thought of me often. How nice!

No comments: