Search This Blog

Sunday, July 30, 2006

A Call from a Friend

Today was another lesson in recognizing how you never know what kind of impact you have on others. It was a lazy Sunday. I've been recovering from a severe bout of poison ivy that always requires prednisone. I was prepared to be miserable, but instead it was one of the most peaceful days I've had in a long time.

I was reading some new and exciting books, when the phone rang rather late in the evening. It was Debbie, who'd moved out of state 2 months ago. Debbie had quit her job and followed her dream. She moved to Georgia, where she always wanted to live, lost 70 pounds, and had finally ended a relationship that was holding her back from having what she really wanted. She's working on a business plan to build the career of her dreams. I'm so impressed with her.

After catching up with each other and the important events in our lives, she stated that she'd been thinking about who she wanted to stay in contact with. She told me that I was one of the "good ones" because I was so positive, "got it going on," and had inspired her to grow in so many ways. It was a moment of grace to hear that because I'd been feeling very pedestrian lately. It's nice to recognize when a moment of grace is happening!

No comments: