Ten days ago, while I was travelling back from a workshop in Denver, my favorite cat, Sophie, died of heart failure while boarding at the vet. Although I was sad for her loss and miss her, I found a deeper meaning in the timing of her death.
Two days later it happened that every other client of mine in my clinical practice had an issue over a sudden death. Three of those deaths happened within days of Sophie's death. I felt that Sophie had chosen her time precisely to allow me to be sensitive to and ready to meet my clients' needs. This gave me the sense of closure that I needed...her death served a higher purpose.
Incidentally, the next day I was at the vet and they had free kittens. Guess what! I adopted one...a funny, energetic and curious female! When one door closes, a window opens. That's how I see the transcendent appearing in ordinary things.
No comments:
Post a Comment