Search This Blog

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Who Inspires You?

Often times the people that we are attracted to or fascinated with water the "seeds" of our future greatness. We see things in them that we also want and need to develop in ourselves.  Those people inspire us, literally cause us to gasp in admiration of what they can do that we also want to do.We think they are "special" or have something that we don't have. The truth is that they are just farther down the road that we also travel on. 

For example, my friend, Paul.  I was in awe of his musical talent and the fact that he's a Black Belt in karate.  I think anyone with musical talent is a "magical" and I always longed to do something athletically "skillful".   I had been a dabbler in both music and different forms of physical activity for years, but never made a full commitment to water those seeds of desire until I was inspired by Paul. 

Even with his inspiration, I still limited myself by believing that I could never attain the level of mastery that I wanted.  Therefore, with this limiting belief, I didn't have the self-discipline and focus that I know it takes to master something.  Futher, I labeled myself an "amateur" musician. So my identity never allowed for me to grow beyond that label.

Now I am clearing those old self-limiting beliefs and identities and am moving forward on both of these goals.  This awareness allows me to honor my friend and to achieve lifelong dreams of personal mastery in 2 areas of my life that are extremely meaningful to me.

What are the qualities or personal skills you most admire in someone else?  Could these be the "seeds" of your greatness?

Annette Vaillancourt, Ph.D.

The Success Doctor is IN!
Transforming Passion and Drive into Amazing Results
314-246-0507 or 1-877-949-5935
Follow Me on Twitter

No comments: